A year ago, Dmitri Vietze launched a new thought leadership conference on music technology in Los Angeles and had to move it with one day's notice. This year, he has moved his whole thought leadership with Music Tectonics online with virtual conferences and community gatherings. He shares his thoughts on crisis-driven shifts to music livestreaming, expanding new releases, and digital access, along with tidbits on intriguing companies in this current listen-from-home era.
Guest: Dmitri Vietze, CEO and Founder, rock paper scissors
Dmitri Vietze is the Founder and CEO of rock paper scissors, inc. It was his crazy idea to transform a global music PR firm into what has become a predominant music tech PR firm. Dmitri is a regular presenter at SXSW Music, SF MusicTech, Music Biz, APAP, and WOMEX. He is also the founder and CEO of StoryAmp.com. He has a jaw harp collection, can juggle five balls, and has a titanium leg.
- rock paper scissors website: http://hello.rockpaperscissors.biz/
- Music Tectonics Website: https://www.musictectonics.com/
- Podcast: https://www.musictectonics.com/podcast
- Blog: https://www.musictectonics.com/blog
- Community App: https://app.musictectonics.com
- Conference: Oct. 27-28, 2020 - https://www.musictectonics.com/conference
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrivietze/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dmitri.vietze
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/dmitrivietze/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dmitrivietze
- Topeka: https://topeka.live/
- YouNow: https://www.younow.com
- Emma McGann: https://www.emmamcgann.com
- Bandsintown: https://www.bandsintown.com/
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/
- CD Baby: https://cdbaby.com/
- Audiobridge: https://www.audiobridgeapp.com
- Soundstorming: https://soundstorming.com
- Chartmetric: https://www.chartmetric.com
- CD Baby: https://cdbaby.com
Your Host: Gigi Johnson, EdD
I run transformative programs, speak/moderate, invest, advise, and produce multimedia on creativity and technology. I taught for 22 years at UCLA, where I ran the Center for Music Innovation and the podcast "Innovating Music," built four industry-connecting programs, and taught undergraduates, MBAs, and executives about disruption in creative industries. Before UCLA, I financed media M&A at Bank of America for ten years.
Connect with Us
- Our Website
- How to submit a Creative Innovator Guest: Information Page
- Subscribe to our newsletter here.
- Join our Patreon community here.
Sponsored and Produced by the Maremel Institute